By Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris
This is the 1st finished evaluation of labor psychology, with assurance of vintage versions, present theories, and modern matters affecting the 21st-century worker.
- Examines the beneficial properties of work–motivation, functionality, creativity, and engagement—instead of focusing simply on adversarial effects
- Edited via leaders within the box with chapters written by way of an international group of specialists from the USA, united kingdom, Europe, and Australia
- Discusses issues comparable to protection at paintings, expertise, operating occasions, work-family interplay, operating in groups , restoration, task calls for and task assets, and ailment absence
- Suitable for complex classes excited by paintings psychology as a sub self-discipline of labor and organizational psychology
- Didactic positive aspects contain questions for dialogue, containers with useful functions, extra studying sections, and a glossary
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology PDF
Best occupational & organizational books
Bringing jointly students in customer habit, background, anthropology, spiritual experiences, sociology, and communique, this can be the 1st interdisciplinary anthology spanning the subject of formality experiences. It bargains a multifaceted exploration of latest rituals, equivalent to Celebrating Kwanzaa, and of the methods entrenched rituals, equivalent to Mardi Gras, present giving, and weddings have replaced.
Together with sensible suggestion on find out how to behavior a pressure audit and the way to focus on pressure 'hot spots' inside of a company, Organizational rigidity administration offers a clean strategic version for the chief involved in the unwanted effects tension may have either on corporation functionality and the standard of lifetime of members at paintings.
Neue Managementkonzepte und Instrumente werden in öffentlichen und privatwirtschaftlichen Betrieben oft in einer paintings und Weise implementiert, die den Grundprinzipien des Managementansatzes widersprechen. Strategie- und Veränderungsarbeit werden oft losgelöst voneinander betrieben, eventuell von unterschiedlichen Beratungssystemen unterstützt.
- Das Burnout-Syndrom: Theorie der inneren Erschöpfung. Zahlreiche Fallbeispiele. Hilfen zur Selbsthilfe
- Preventing Stress in Organizations: How to Develop Positive Managers
- Auditing Organizational Communication: A Handbook of Research, Theory and Practice
- The Neuroscientific Basis of Successful Design: How Emotions and Perceptions Matter
- Encyclopedia of applied psychology
- Handbook of Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology. Organizational Psychology
Extra info for An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology
Essentially, the suggestion was that individuals who are happy with their jobs are more productive. This notion was very popular in the early days of work psychology, from the 1950s until about the mid-1970s. However, by the time Locke wrote his review of the job satisfaction literature in 1976, researchers had largely rejected the hypothesis, concluding that the relationship between job satisfaction and job performance is statistically negligible (Iaffaldano & Muchinsky, 1985). Our An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology, First Edition.
Sharpe. Sánchez, A. , & Vela Jiménez, M. J. (2007). Teleworking and workplace flexibility: A study of impact on firm performance. Personnel Review, 36, 42–64. Semmer, N. , Meier, L. , & Jacobshagen, N. (2010). Illegitimate tasks and counterproductive work behavior. Applied Psy chology, 59, 70–96. Siegrist, J. (1996). Adverse health effects of high-effort/low-reward conditions. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 1, 27–41. Sonnenfeld, J. A. (1985). Shedding light on the Hawthorne studies.
1983). The managed heart: Commercialization of human feelings. Berkeley: University of California Press. Ingham, J. N. (1966). A strike in the progressive era: McKees rocks, 1909. The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, 90, 353–377. International Labour Office (2012). Global employment trends: Preventing a deeper jobs c risis. Geneva: International Labour Organization. Jahoda, M. (1982). Employment and unemployment: A social-psychological analysis. London: Cambridge University Press.