By Hai Zhuge (auth.)
Classifying items into different types at diversified granularity degrees, developing hyperlinks among identified items, and researching clues among recognized and unknown gadgets are crucial for new-generation semantic information types. This e-book introduces the source area version (RSM), which successfully organizes and properly manages assets by way of normalizing class semantics.
The writer, an across the world brought up professional within the wisdom grid box, explores those topics:
- A basic technique of the RSM – the starting place, primary innovations, features and the advance method
- The dating among the RSM and the Semantic hyperlink community, which kinds a richer semantic facts version to aid complicated allotted applications
- The completeness and necessity idea for question operations of the RSM
- The algebra and calculus thought for question operations of the RSM
- The complexity of looking out the source space
- The actual garage mechanism of the source space
- The P2P-based decentralized source space
- The probabilistic RSM, which permits clients or purposes to house uncertainty while storing and retrieving resources
The internet source area Model represents a tremendous contribution to the sector of data grid, providing a hugely effective version for dealing with e-resources. it really is crucial studying for researchers of the net, semantic net, and decentralized information engineering.
Read or Download The Web Resource Space Model PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
The Semantic net is a imaginative and prescient – the assumption of getting facts on the internet outlined and associated in the sort of means that it may be utilized by machines not only for show reasons yet for automation, integration and reuse of information throughout numerous purposes. Technically, notwithstanding, there's a frequent false impression that the Semantic internet is basically a rehash of present AI and database paintings inquisitive about encoding wisdom illustration formalisms in markup languages reminiscent of RDF(S), DAML+OIL or OWL.
Because the ubiquity of the web has fostered extra curiosity in company open air the U.S., the necessity for firms to work out their industry and aggressive atmosphere in an international point of view has compelled extra companies to imagine across the world. This e-book asks the specialists to bare their concepts for locating overseas enterprise details on the internet.
Facts mining contains a wide variety of actions reminiscent of type, clustering, similarity research, summarization, organization rule and sequential trend discovery, and so on. The publication specializes in the final formerly indexed actions. It presents a unified presentation of algorithms for organization rule and sequential trend discovery.
Many pros and scholars in engineering, technological know-how, enterprise, and different software fields have to enhance Windows-based and web-enabled details structures to shop and use facts for choice help, with out aid from specialist programmers. even though, few books can be found to coach execs and scholars who're no longer specialist programmers to boost those details structures.
- Readings in Database Systems, Third Edition
- Active Database Systems: Triggers and Rules for Advanced Database Processing
- Advanced Database Query Systems: Techniques, Applications and Technologies
- Advances in Non-Volatile Memory and Storage Technology
Extra resources for The Web Resource Space Model
Semantic locality requests to store relevant contents in semantically close places. The storage mechanism of the Resource Space Model concerns the semantic locality to ensure search efficiency. It is also a criterion to implement a P2P semantic overlay to support semantic-rich decentralized applications. The Semantic Link Network is a general semantic space. The Resource Space Model focuses only on one type of relation⎯the classification relation, so it can be regarded as a special case of the Semantic Link Network.
3. 4. 5. Find a domain D in the ontology repository (a kind of experience of community) similar to the new domain D’. Map ontology of D into ontology of D’ with abstraction. Existing methods of ontology mapping can help this step. Map the resource space RS of D into the resource space of the new domain RS’ according to the mapping between ontologies. Add the new ontology to the ontology repository and then make necessary abstraction. Check the new resource space. a) Check the independency between coordinates according to the synonym relationship between coordinates in the context of domain ontology.
The Semantic Link Network has been proved useful in Web page prefetching and object pre-fetching (Pons, 2005; Pons, 2006). As a semantic model, the Semantic Link Network concerns typical semantic relations and relation reasoning. Developers need to design application-specific relations to support applications. A Semantic Link represents the semantic relation of a property or a set of properties between two semantic nodes. A semantic link can be of the following types: cause-effect (ce), implication (imp), subtype (st), similarto (sim), instance (ins), sequential (seq) and reference (ref).